I picked up some Karma produced by Dunn Cannabis under the Shelter Craft brand for this review; there was a lot of hype around this one in the medical cannabis community it’s been a while, so naturally, I was excited to try this out.
This Indica-dominant hybrid strain came with 22.2% of THC, 0.18% of CBD, and 2.01% of terpenes.
Originally, this cultivar was bred by The Seed Junkie, and its popularity grew when it was produced by the Cookies brand. Dunn Cannabis is the first one to bring this sought-after strain to Canada. Below is my complete and in-depth Karma strain review.
- Lineage: Açai Gelato x Mints #11
- Type: Indica-dominant
- Potency: 22.2% THC, 0.18% CBD
- Terpene Profile: Caryophyllene (0.39%), Limonene (0.38%), Linalool (0.23%), A-Bisabolol (0.18%), Guaiol (0.17%)
- Packaging Details: Packaged on 12/27/2020 and tested/reviewed on 03/28/2021, exactly 91 days later. Lot# 20-P92
- Pricing Details: Purchased 3.5 grams for $30.00 at Shelter Market ($8.57/gram, this was a promo price, regular price is $40.00)
From bag appeal to moisture content to stickiness, this Karma cultivar that Dunn Cannabis produced is close to perfect. There were three nugs all stuck together in the bag. I’m a huge fan of unsticking nugs from one another, and you can instantly feel the freshness and potency just by touching the bud.
The weed was covered in trichomes, very well trimmed, and slightly overweight at 3.53 grams. This Karma was very sticky and dense at the same time, every nug packed a lot of weed, and it came in with 50% RH when it comes to moisture.
Color-wise, it has different shades of green from light to dark, with light orange pistils in between the leaves.
Basically, my nose wants to live in this bag. The terpene profile emits some magnificent smells (Similar to Revive Reserve), and it starts off with a citrusy sweet and zesty aroma that gives off some summer vibes, accented with hints of lavender and berry that are reminiscent of Gelato.
When broken up, there are some woodsy scents that start to float around the nostrils.
The flavor was slightly more muted than the aroma, but you still get a lot of the goodness; plus, this Karma provides this really thick smoke that you feel deep in your lungs, but it doesn’t feel like a lung is about to pop.
I got sweet and zesty notes on the inhale accented by some kushy gas on the exhale.
The pattern continues here, and everything is hitting right with this Karma strain. The effects were really strong while still being calming and soothing, the high came instantly, and the peak lasted about 60 minutes.
Once the initial high wore off, my body felt relaxed, the mind felt peaceful and energetic.
I’m very impressed by this Karma strain, and I’ll be looking forward to trying out more Dunn Cannabis products in the future; based on the Twitterverse, they got a serious Gelato getting ready to drop soon!
I’d recommend this cultivar to both beginners and everyday users.
I enjoyed every aspect of it. If you’ve tried this out, let me know your thoughts below. Also, remember to check out my Limelight Strain Review and Monkey Glue Strain Review, as well.
- Gelato: This strain has a similar terpene profile as Karma, and it provides a similar sweet and fruity flavor with hints of lavender and berry.
- Wedding Cake: This strain has a similar lineage as Karma, and it provides a euphoric and relaxing high that’s perfect for socializing or unwinding after a long day.
- Purple Punch: This strain has a similar Indica-dominant hybrid profile as Karma, and it provides a strong and long-lasting high that’s both calming and uplifting.
Compared to Karma, Gelato has a similar terpene profile and flavor, while Wedding Cake and Purple Punch have a similar overall effect.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Karma strain Sativa or Indica?
Karma strain is a cannabis cultivar that leans towards Indica in its genetic makeup.
Who bred Karma strain?
The Karma strain was originally bred by The Seed Junkie.
How does Karma strain taste?
Karma strain has a flavor profile of sweet and zesty notes on the inhale, accented by kushy gas on the exhale.