For this cannabis strain review, I tried out some LA Confidential made by Aurora. It’s an Indica dominant strain with 18% THC and an inconsiderable amount of CBD. This was powder dry; the flower should not be packaged for this long, let alone in such a big container with no humidity pouch. This was a fail.
Below is a more detailed rundown of this strain:
- Lineage: OG LA Alfie x Afghani
- Type: Indica-dominant
- Potency: 16-20% THC, 0.3 CBD
- Terpene Profile: Pinene, caryophyllene, myrcene, ocimene
- Packaging Details: Packaged on 06/13/19 and tested/reviewed on 12/22/2019, exactly 192 days after it was packaged.
- Pricing Details: Purchased 3.5 Grams for $26.90 at the SQDC in Montreal, QC. ($7.69/gram)
The bag appeal was missing here, and I wasn’t too impressed. It’s a mix of light green and dark green shades with orange pistils and a small number of trichomes. The reason why the score is low?
It completely baffles me as to why so many strains are so dry when it’s a freshly sealed bottle! Come on, guys, let’s step it up. Is it so hard to add these pouches to keep the buds nice and fresh?! We’re talking below 40% RH in the container, powder dry.
Dead terps would be the best way to describe the aroma. There can’t be much of anything coming out of the container if the weed is that dry; it’s not really possible. It did smell like weed, so there’s that. Try Lilac Diesel Strain and Dancehall Strain if you want a better aroma.
I guess there were very subtle notes of citrus left on the palate on the exhale, but they were minimal; there wasn’t much going on here. On top of that, the coughing was pretty aggressive after each puff.
This was my favorite (and the only “above-average”) aspect from this entire LA Confidential strain review, although the standards are pretty low at this point. Not too lethargic, it was a pretty uplifting feeling overall, body and mind.
If I were to base my recommendation on only this specific experience, I wouldn’t recommend this to anybody. Scratch that; I wouldn’t gift this to anybody; actually, I wouldn’t even want to receive this as a gift. This is no Bueno, a pretty bad job by Aurora. If you’ve tried some out, let me know what you thought of it in the comments below!
- Death Bubba: Death Bubba is a potent Indica strain with a similar earthy flavor and aroma to LA Confidential. It offers stronger effects and a more relaxing experience, making it a better choice for those seeking deep relaxation and tranquility.
- Purple Kush: Purple Kush is an Indica strain known for its sweet grape-like flavor and aroma. It has comparable effects to LA Confidential, providing relaxation and sedation. Purple Kush may offer better value for its price, especially if you’re looking for a strain with a more pronounced flavor profile.
- Granddaddy Purple: Granddaddy Purple is a well-known Indica strain with a strong berry scent and taste. It shares some similarities with LA Confidential in terms of effects, offering relaxation and euphoria. Granddaddy Purple is often praised for its potency and may provide a more enjoyable experience than the reviewed strain.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is LA Confidential strain indica or sativa?
LA Confidential strain is an indica-dominant strain known for its relaxing and sedative effects.
How does LA Confidential strain smell?
The aroma of LA Confidential strain can be described as having dead terps, with minimal scent due to its dryness.
What is the CBD content of LA Confidential strain?
LA Confidential strain generally contains only a minimal amount of CBD.