This OG Melon made by Aurora (which also goes by Warwick) is a Sativa-dominant strain born from a cross between Captain Krypt-OG and 91 Chemdawg.
This one had 17% THC and 0.6% CBD (The THC percentage varies between 16.5% and 19%, depending on the batch). Its dominant terpene is limonene, which provides anxiety and stress relief; however, its terpene profile is pretty complex, with four other ones being nerolidol, myrcene, caryophyllene, and linalool.
Below is an in-depth breakdown of this strain:
- Lineage: Captain Krypt-OG x 91 Chemdawg
- Type: Sativa-dominant
- Potency: 16.5-19% THC, 0.6% CBD
- Terpene Profile: Limonene, Nerolidol, Myrcene, and Linalool
- Packaging Details: Packaged on 10/16/2022, tested and reviewed on 10/28/2022 (12 days later)
- Pricing Details: Ordered from Aurora on their Daily Special, purchased 15 grams for $75.00 ($5.00 per gram)
There was absolutely nothing good about the appearance of this weed.
When it comes to bag appeal, all of the containers’ nugs were little, empty popcorn buds. The entirety was very badly trimmed, it was dry, really nothing good to write about here
This was my favorite aspect of this entire OG melon strain review.
The terps (somehow still alive) emit such aromas that go all over the place, from citrusy to sweet, accented by some spiciness that the caryophyllene brings out.
Pretty unique overall; it’s the only score that’s above average, so if you only buy weed based on smell (which I doubt), then you may like this!
When it comes to flavor, unfortunately, most of it got muted compared to the aroma.
I barely got anything other than some slight herbal, and woodsy notes on the inhale, with a bit of citrus circulating the palate on the exhale and the aftertaste.
Way too subtle for me to enjoy it, plus the smoke left a really itchy feeling in the throat.
This OG melon gave off a cerebral euphoric feeling and an energizing, uplifting type of high. Very functional, and the THC levels are perfect for socializing, in my opinion.
Although I was pretty stoned right away, I felt pretty functional overall. There wasn’t much of a downer once the high wore off about an hour later. I think it’s a great strain for socializing, for getting something productive done (focus), or even for creativity.
The terpenes that are most present in this strain emit stress-relieving, relaxing, and anti-inflammatory effects.
This OG Melon strain from Aurora is average at best, and personally, I don’t I would rebuy it. If you like that couch-glue, completely stoned out of your mind type of feeling, I can tell you right away this won’t get you anywhere close to that.
I would suggest grabbing some Tsunami or AK-47 for that; the effect this emitted was ok but the whole experience left me wanting more.
- Tsunami: If you’re looking for a strain that provides a more potent high, try Tsunami. It has a similar limonene terpene profile that provides anxiety and stress relief, but with higher THC levels, reaching up to 22%. Its effects are more relaxing and sedative compared to the energizing high of OG Melon.
- AK-47: Another alternative with higher THC levels (up to 20%), AK-47 has a complex terpene profile that includes myrcene, limonene, and caryophyllene, similar to OG Melon. However, it also contains a higher amount of humulene, providing anti-inflammatory effects, and has a stronger and more intense high.
- Lemon Haze: If you enjoy the citrusy aroma of OG Melon, Lemon Haze could be a good choice. It has a similar limonene-dominant terpene profile and provides an uplifting, energetic high, perfect for socializing or creative endeavors. Its THC levels range from 15% to 20%, and it is often less expensive than OG Melon.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is OG Melon strain indica or sativa?
OG Melon is Sativa-dominant strain bred by crossing Captain Krypt-OG and 91 Chemdawg.
How does OG Melon compare to other strains in terms of price and availability?
OG Melon’s price and availability can vary depending on the location and dispensary, but it is generally considered to be in the mid to high range of prices. Other strains that are similarly priced and available include Blue Dream, Green Crack, Gorilla Glue #4, and Sour Diesel.
What are the effects of OG Melon and how long do they last?
OG Melon provides a cerebral, euphoric high that is energizing and uplifting. Its effects typically last for 2-3 hours, depending on the dosage and individual tolerance.