For my next cannabis strain review, I tried the Tiger Cake strain from Compound Genetics presenting this strain, based in Portland, Oregon. The terrific Tiger Cake strain is actually a hybrid of The Menthol and Layer Cake.
In fact, it came with average THC levels ranging between 19% and 25%. Plus, its terpenes levels play a major role in its aroma and flavor.
- Lineage: The Menthol x Layer Cake
- Type: Indica dominant
- Potency: 19-25% THC
- Terpene Profile: Myrcene, Caryophyllene, and Limonene
- Packaging Details: Unknown for now
- Pricing Details: I purchased 3.5 grams of Tiger Cake from Compound Genetics at Parliament Cannabis Store, Toronto, for $38.99.
Known for its huge compact buds, the Tiger Cake from Compound Genetics has a strong aroma straight out of the package. Its huge frosty nugs feature a unique deep green color with some bright orange hairs that stood out for me, particularly because I love the buds.
These frosty buds are covered by some trichomes that give it a sticky texture thanks to the cross of Layer Cake (Wedding Cake).
Read Also: Biscotti Cake Strain
The perfect combination of The Menthol and Layer Cake has a strong earthy, and sweet aroma with hints of vanilla and citrus that fills the room as soon as you open the package. And the good thing about the combination is that it lingers in your nostril for a few seconds.
In fact, smelling these compact buds is a memorable experience that left me yearning for more of this hybrid.
The Tiger Cake strain flavor is as intense as its aroma. The vanilla and citrus flavors of the Tiger Cake created a pleasant ice cream taste that pleased my senses.
So if you’re looking for a balanced high with a great combination of flavor and aroma, then you should give this one a try.
In fact, its parent strains guarantee you a balanced effect that’s described as a relaxing body high and euphoric head high. Tiger Cake strain claims to have unique appetite-stimulating characteristics. Plus, its ability to leave you relaxed makes this cross of Layer Cake one of my great companions that I can enjoy any time.
Tiger Cake is a unique Indica-dominant strain that’s created from a perfect mixture of some infamous strains, making it an excellent and relaxing product with a smooth smoke.
The high CBD and THC contents of the Tiger Cake strain make it a great option for both medicinal and recreational use.
Here are a few good alternatives for the Tiger Cake strain:
- Wedding Cake: If you enjoy the sweet, vanilla-like aroma and flavor of Tiger Cake, you might also like its parent strain, Wedding Cake. It has a similar taste profile and is also known for its balanced effects.
- Gelato: Another strain that shares some similarities with Tiger Cake is Gelato. It has a sweet, dessert-like flavor and aroma, and also provides a balanced high that’s both relaxing and uplifting.
- Zkittlez: If you’re looking for a strain with a similar level of potency to Tiger Cake but with a slightly different flavor profile, you might enjoy Zkittlez. It has a fruity, candy-like taste and aroma and is also known for its relaxing effects.
Overall, while these strains share some similarities with Tiger Cake in terms of flavor and effects, they each have their own unique characteristics that set them apart. It’s worth trying a few different strains to find the one that works best for your needs and preferences.
Read Also: Ultra Sour Strain Review
Frequently Asked Questions
How does Tiger Cake strain taste and smell?
Tiger Cake has a sweet, vanilla-like flavor and aroma with hints of citrus and earthiness.
What are the effects of Tiger Cake strain?
Tiger Cake strain provides a balanced high that is described as a relaxing body high and euphoric head high. It also has appetite-stimulating properties.
Who bred Tiger Cake Strain?
Tiger Cake Strain was bred by Compound Genetics, a well-known and reputable seed bank based in Portland, Oregon.